Thursday, June 5, 2014

40 miles



In the interest of gravel roads & general stores   I think a few things should be questioned
In the interest of pastures, pastors & drywall I think a few things should be remembered
I lack the answers and experience of remembering all the questions
                                                   

                                            and I learned courage from uncertainty


I found relationship through the loss of them.
I found grace through the absence of it.
I found mercy through hands that stung of blood and coal
                                                   
                                             and still.…


So much can be said about a picket fence, bare feet, & a swift current
In the creek I once loved.
In the interest of forward motion I think a few things should be left to the heart
                                                    

                                         and stopped from the mouth


No comments:

Post a Comment